Defying Age and Gravity one muscle at a time…
Of course! We’ve all had that day or week or year when we decide to get toned and be fit. Too often that day or week or year turns into doing a whole lotta nuthin and subsequently, ends up with the opposite result. Hopefully, after reading the stats on what muscle can do for you, you’ll reconsider that Kit Kat and pick up a dumbbell.
What’s Not Dumb…
After polling the masses, we’ve learned the biggest problem when it comes to getting someone into the gym and lifting weights, is oblivion. They simply don’t know what all of the bells and whistles are about and fear the embarrassment of walking up to a leg press and thinking it’s shoulder press!
On the contrary, there are others out there that think they know exactly what they are doing or pretend to all the while ruining perfectly good muscles in the process. We’re here to help both sides of the coin, the big heads and the tucked tails. We all have a little bit of both going on whenever it comes to going to the gym, and if we’re all honest, that first day can be intimidating. Heck, every day in the gym can be intimidating, but we can help make it feel a whole lot easier.
If Dumbbells Could Talk…
It is possible to get an entire body’s workout using nothing but dumbbells. It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or a pro, when in doubt, pick up a dumb bell. It’s important to know how to use them to maximize those muscles you’re working so hard to acquire.
When selecting dumbbells always ensure you are using the appropriate weight for your goals.
- If your goal is to tone and build endurance, pick a weight that you can do 12-20 reps without getting overly tired.
- If your goal is to establish muscle mass, choose a weight that you can only do about 8 reps until you feel over tired.
- Once reps become too easy by the end of a set, it’s time to increase your weight.
Concentrate On Form, Not Reps
Rushing through your workout won’t target the muscle properly and can lead to injury.
- You want the movement to be slow so your muscle can resist and stabilize every part of the motion.
- It’s important to maintain proper technique while lifting as to not compensate with another muscle. (Ex. When working your triceps, don’t arch your back, always keep your shoulders and back straight so you don’t risk straining your lower back.)
It’s OK To Look!
Ever want to chuckle at that guy in the gym looking at himself in the mirror while doing bicep curls? Maybe think twice before you give that guy a giggle…
- Looking in the mirror while lifting weights helps to ensure you are using the correct technique and the proper muscles are pumped.
- There is no greater motivation than watching yourself lift, it will always push you to want to try harder and get better results.
The Dumbbell Isn’t So Dumb After All
As stated earlier, you can achieve a full body workout using only a set of good dumbbells.
What can I do with dumbbells?
- Bicep Curls
- Tricep Extension
- Shoulder Press
- Bench Press (Chest)
- Rows (Back)
- Shoulder Shrug (Traps)
- Crunches (Abs)
- Side Bends (Obliques)
- Toe Raises (Calves)
- Lunges for Legs and Lower Body
- Squats for Glutes and Legs
But Wait, There’s More
Unfortunately, working out and lifting weights aren’t the only things you need to do in order to reach your goals. There are supplements available to enhance all of your hard work. We’ve all seen that girl or guy that always look lean and cut. Their biceps are always on point, their quads pop with each step and their calves are a thing of beauty. They didn’t achieve this look on dumbbells and protein shakes alone.
At Elite Health Online, we’re gymgoers just like you and we all have different goals in mind. Our line of workout supplements are designed to meet the needs of every individual based on his or her goals.
- Elite Thermogenic- Increases energy and fat metabolism, suppresses appetite.
- 5 Amino- Converts fat cells into energy.
- Elite Weight Loss Stack- 3 medications designed to work synergistically to mobilize fat, increase energy and improve immunity while suppressing appetite.
- Lipo Slim Drops- A combination of amino acids and B-vitamins that accelerates the metabolic process while creating a feeling of increased energy.
- LDN or low dose Naltrexone- an opioid receptor antagonist that plays a role in the regulation of food intake. LDN is considered a wonder drug because of all the things it helps your body accomplish.
- CJC 1295- improves age related growth hormone insufficiency, which in turn results in body fat reduction, protein synthesis (muscle growth and recovery) and better sleep.
- Oxandrolone/Anavar- Creates a hard lean, vascular look by improving endurance and strength.
- Lipoden/AKA Skinny Shot- Skinny Shots, or Lipotropic injections, are a mixture of B vitamins, amino acids, and lipotropic agents. They are used to help with generalized weight loss by boosting energy and metabolism and increasing removal of fat from the body. The Skinny shot is a special formula of liver supporting nutrients that can help with energy, fat metabolism, and hormone balance, which are all key liver functions.
- CJC 1295/Ipamorelin-Combination of peptides that help increase lean body mass, improve sleep quality, improves fat loss and energy.
Q & A
How long will it take before I start to see results?
- If you go to the gym 3-5 times a week and lift weights for at least half and hour, eat right, drink plenty of water, and remember your cardio, you should start seeing results within 1-2 months.
- Adding a Thermogenic as soon as you begin your new workout regime will drastically increase your results.
Can I do a full body workout in one session?
- If you choose to do a full body workout every time you go to the gym, stick to one exercise per muscle group, lighter weight, and do 15-20 reps at a time 3 days a week.
- Most people do a full body workout when they are mainly trying to burn a little fat and tone muscles.
- Oxandrolone is a great addition for this type of goal as it helps lean out and tone.
What is the best way to recover after a hard workout?
- Rest is always best, your muscles need to repair in order to grow. If you push them too hard or too often, they can tear and that’s a recovery you do not want to partake in.
- Water Water and more Water-We can’t stress this enough. Too many body builders, weight lifter and gym goers injure themselves due to a lack of hydration. So DRINK UP!
- A great way to enhance muscle recovery is to soak in an Epsom salt bath. This soothes your aching muscles and puts lost salts back into your system. Lavender salt baths not only relax your muscles, lavender is a natural sleep aid.
- CJC-1295 is an incredible peptide for recovery and improved sleep.
If I had muscles once before, but lost them, will they come back quicker?
- Yes! Muscles do have a memory and will remember what they’ve accomplished before and will be more apt to get there quicker.
- A perfect addition to entering back into the mighty world of muscularity is an Elite Weight Loss Stack.
What if I have a past injury and not sure how to maintain healing while lifting weights?
- It’s always important to talk to your doctor before starting any workout routine, especially if you have a past injury.
- Most doctors will tell you that building muscle up around the injury can help prevent future injury. (Ex. A torn ACL needs a strong quad and hamstring to allow the new ACL to perform properly and prevent future tears.)
- LDN or Low Dose Naltrexone would definitely be an added bonus for anyone recovering from an injury or starting back after a long time away from the gym. The benefits are mind-blowing.
Beyond Our Products
Accountability is a beautiful thing, and we can go farther and faster more fiercely when we have someone alongside us pushing us toward our goals. If you can, we recommend finding a gym buddy or lifting partner that have the same goals in mind. It’s important they are just as motivated and will keep with the regimen without deciding it’s not for them 3 weeks into working out. If nothing else, working out with a partner is more fun, puts you in a better mood and you can’t cheat on your reps…because someone is always watching! There is simply nothing better than having someone know what your goals are and watching you crush them. If you ever had a coach in high school or college, you get it. We all need an Atta boy or Atta girl every once in a while.
Tip Of The Day…
Sometimes you just have to mix it up. If you’ve been working out for what seems like forever, you may need to change things a little to keep yourself motivated. Our bodies have a way of wanting to be pushed onward and upward, so when we get into a same ol, same ol routine, our bodies know it. As a result, the results stop coming and we begin to feel like a hamster on a wheel. Our little cities and towns have so many fun ways to workout, a bike trail, for instance is a really fun way to tone your legs and enjoy the great outdoors. Join a local sand volleyball team or pickup basketball at the Y. Did you know roller skating is making a comeback? You know you wanna go boogie around that rink to some Xanadu right now!!!! Cheers to Mixing it up!!!